The best way to learn something is to teach it. The same is true in yoga – you don’t have to want a career as a yoga teacher to learn a lot from a teacher training. Learning the theory and philosophy behind teaching yoga will bring your personal yoga practice to a whole new level.
I’m really excited to offer two training modules as part of Sunshine Yoga Teacher Training! This training has been in the works for a long time, and I think you’ll find it a truly unique experience. It is one of the most in-depth 200-hour yoga teacher training programs you’ll find out there, and it goes above and beyond the basic Yoga Alliance requirements. Any approved teacher training includes anatomy, basic philosophy, elementary pose instruction, and basic sequencing – but the Sunshine Yoga training includes so much more:
- Updated anatomy, physiology, and posturology
- Energetic Bodies: Chakras, Bandhas, Nadis, and Koshas
- In-depth philosophy program including 5 books, satsang with our guru, and a final exam
- Asana Techniques, including hands-on learning and adjustments, how to cue, and how to make appropriate adjustments
- Broad techniques for teaching and sequencing
- Pranayama and Meditation
- Public Speaking
- Hiking Guide Training, including trail navigation, survival skills, and basic plant identification
- Empowerment and Finding Your Voice
And lastly, I personally will be offering trainings in
- Ashtanga Vinyasa
If you are interested in deepening your practice, I wholeheartedly recommend participating in any module of this training. Please visit Sunshine Yoga Life to learn more about the program and our amazing team of instructors. Our program includes ten weekends of trainings, weekly practice sessions, and a whole lot of fun. We begin in February.